Free things to do with kids in San AntonioPosted by MomOnMars on June 28, 2012
It might shock you (or not) to know that I am not a particularly crafty mom. Well, I am. But only in my dreams. In reality, I’m resourceful in finding other people to entertain my children. But that can get expensive. So I’ve become the queen of finding cheap and free things for my kids to do in and around town. We talk about it a lot on SABusyKids.com here and there, in pieces and parts. I thought it might be helpful to do a round up for you.
1. Start with your favorite retailer. Home stores, art stores, outdoor stores, malls. They all offer free events. Book stores, computer stores, museums, event restaurants (can you say Krispy Kreme on Wednesday nights?). And my favorite – the museums.
2. Get into a summer reading program. Not only is borrowing books from the library free…you get free stuff when you finish the program.
4. See a movie. Almost all the movie houses offer free movies during the summer.
5. Follow a few good blogs. There are some great San Antonio blogs. I like to think SABusyKids.com is one of them. My friend Colleen has put together a list of all the San Antonio bloggers she could find here. I also enjoy following the National Wildlife Federation and Texas Nature Challenge. Another fav is Grandparents.com. Don’t judge – it’s good, low key stuff.
Summer can be long. It doesn’t have to be expensive.
- Six free things to do with your kids in San Antonio this summer(sabusykids.com)
- Seven great family-friendly San Antonio restaurants(sabusykids.com)
- How to catch a free movie this summer(sabusykids.com)
- Eating out with your kids – Week 2 of family friendly restaurants(sabusykids.com)